Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Recipes

I have been busy cooking! Monday was my Italian Regional Class and we studied the region of Valle D'Aosta. This region is in northern Italy and boarders France and Switzerland. So the food here are very heavy due to the cold climate and has French and Swiss influence as well as Italian. On this day I made Zuppa Valpellinense (a beef and cabbage soup baked on top of bread and cheese), Costolette alla Valdaostana (a breaded veal cutlet stuffed with fontina cheese) and Ciambelline di Mais (a lemon and corn cookie.)

Today I had my Tuscan cooking course and we focused on the cities of Pisa, Livorno and Lucca. Like most Tuscan cooking meals here involve a lot of meat and cheese, and "poor man's" dishes. We made Intruglia (a vegetable and beef broth soup), Pollo All'Elbana (Chicken with a cheese and white wine sauce) and Scarpaccia (zucchini cake).

At the bottom of the page I have switch the recipe to show both the Ciambelline di Mais and the Scarpaccia.

2 comments:

  1. All sounds yummy :) sounds like your learning a lot. Send me some zucchini bread :)

    ReplyDelete